Saturday, June 26, 2021

Sliding Here and There

I’m back with my sporadic posts again, lol.

Now I understand why those around me have continually stressed on the importance of time management, especially when I am multitasking with multiple tasks at one go. The minute something goes awry, everything else is affected - like a deck of cards crashing. On top of that, they have even advised me to take breaks whenever necessary since we’re in the period of working from home. Not that I have any comment since it’s something that my colleague and I have already chatted about months ago. 

Photo by Lucija Ros on Unsplash

Speaking of working from home, I hope that everyone is taking care of themselves and those around them while staying safe amidst the pandemic. Now that we’re still in FMCO, a lot of sacrifices have been made, especially the part where those in the non-essential sectors have the default arrangement of working from home. Okay, you may be thinking that it’s for the best, but trust me, there’s something different about the office environment - especially the part when the colleagues head out together to catch lunch, even though it’s through takeouts.

Not to mention, it’s just as difficult on the psyche to remain indoors at all times while being unable to head outdoors whenever the desire strikes. I mean, humans are social creatures. With that being said, I can’t complain much because it’s even arduous for those who are renting rooms because they don’t have the extra floor space to loll around or in need of a change in work environment, i.e. from working in the bedroom to the dining area.

My own mental health has also taken a beating, unfortunately. I know that I might look okay on the surface, but that’s because I have spent a great deal of effort suppressing it while at work. It’s better to feign a sense of normalcy rather than allowing the emotions to be splashed all over my face because it prevents questions from being asked.


No, nothing much has happened. It’s just the same old me balancing work, life, and freelance while staying sane... Or, is it? I’m actually unsure now, especially when it’s as easy as pie for me to become stressed and lose my sanity when there’s too much at one go. Come to think of it, have I bitten off more than I can chew with my dabbles this time? I mean, I do feel that I am being torn into pieces at times... Welp. Is it a sign that I should turn my feelings into pieces of poems? 

Just lolling around the house for a particular day last week was enough to make me feel that I have wasted time - when it was meant to provide myself with a break. When I am on the verge of procrastination, I tend to hide under the covers and glue myself to the bed or be a couch potato. What happened instead was me thinking that I could have done this or completed that instead of just taking a chill pill. Yeah... to the point where I even sprained my lumbar spine and sacrum while tidying up my room, making me walk like someone who needs a cane as a mobility aid. Crap. *smacks head*

I guess it was a blessing in disguise that this happened during the period of working from home; otherwise, it would be interesting to note how I’m heading to the office without resisting the desire to pop painkillers - because the chiropractors still have not received the approval to operate at the time of this posting.

I’m also having the idea of placing my completed knitted projects up for sale, but I’m worried that it won’t reach the mass market or sell because everyone (me included) wants beautiful and perfect products. Since I’m not an experienced knitter like my knitting grandma (it’s a name me and my sister have coined for our lecturer), I don’t know if I should test the waters or completely give up on the idea.

That’s if I can somehow squeeze the time for knitting into a chaotic schedule, though.

4 comments:

  1. I so understanding what you mean when you multi-task, something goes wrong and then everything else gets affected and maybe even falls apart. I guess for another term, there are many moving parts when it comes to multi-tasking. I can multi-task at work but really have to pay attention to the tasks and make sure to focus.

    Your sprained lumbar spine sounds painful. Hope it gets the attention it needs and you are better by now.

    We are again here in lockdown, so that means work from home again. Work from home works for me and I love it but like you, I also don't like not being able to go out whenever I want.

    It's good you knit when you can. It sounds like a creative outlet for you ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The risk of everything going wrong is amplified when we multi-task because we are not fully concentrating on the matter at hand. You could say it's a fine line that we have to walk on because there's only so many hours in a day that we can use to complete everything.

      I've been spraining my lumbar spine from time to time nowadays; not sure if it's because I'm always on the go in the office or not. I'm much better now, thanks for asking. ^^

      Delete
  2. I appreciate your analogy of a deck of cards. I know the exact feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yum List. I feel that the analogy of 'a deck of cards' is much more suitable than 'a domino effect', though. =)

      Delete

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...