Saturday, January 4, 2020

Confessions of a Sibling


In my eyes, you see my silent tears.
In my words, you hear my spoken hurt.
In my lips, you trace my wounded sentences.

Your arms reach out,
Enveloping me in a bear hug.
You hold me tight,
Protecting me from harm’s way.
You shower me with limitless love,
Only that a brother can.

The sound of your heartbeat calms me down.
With the stroke of an artist’s paintbrush,
A frown is transformed into a smile.
In my tantrums,
You grip my hand to stop me from injuring myself.
You encourage me to release all the anger on you.

Your audio presence soothes my anxious soul.
You will for me to meet your glance,
Desiring for me to understand one thing.
We’re in this mental battle together.

Me as quiet as a Church mouse,
Your eyes widen with worry.
Your voice is thick with concern,
Fearing that I’ll lay a hand on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...