Tuesday, October 16, 2018

10/16/18

I dreamt that there was a commotion at the auditorium, so I rushed in to see whether I could offer my assistance. It was quieter than a graveyard. The seating rows faced the front of the auditorium, which was a large floor-to-ceiling glass window. At the back row, a female had held a knife against another girl’s throat and warned everyone to stay frozen in their seat. There were footsteps approaching the back door of the auditorium, which caught everyone’s attention. Before anyone could make their escape in that split second, a delivery man entered with a box addressed to the captor.

The captor opened the box and read the letter before she dropped the box, spilling its contents everywhere. “We are no longer in love,” she repeated aloud.

The next scene involved me struggling to breathe and the doctor rushing to stabilize my condition. It was moments later that I realized that it was just a dream. I was alright and I felt like I was back in my own room with the peach-colored walls, but I temporarily lived in a student hostel for the duration of my degree because home was far away. The door was left ajar; although my eyes were closed, I was semi-conscious and overheard discussions about one of the courses flowing in from the hallway.

The final scene involved me finding a dead person who had committed suicide. He hanged himself from the ceiling fan. The chair was on its side nearby, which was indicative that he kicked the chair aside after tightened the noose around his neck.

Interpretation

If I can remember right, this is the first time that I've dreamt of a place with so many people inside. It is possible, according to DreamBible.com, that I've an issue in my life that I need more attention on. I'm not sure what the scene is indicating at, but I've my suspicions. Suspicions that I'll not share in public because there are some things that should remain private. Failing which, there is something that I have been paying close attention to.

As for the hostage situation, it could be a reflection of something that I am unable to express or the exhaustion of caving in to the wishes of others without asserting myself. In short, I may be pleasing people at the expense of my own wishes and happiness.

It's rather odd that I'd dream of a delivery to a person - the fact that the box fell down the seats without injuring anyone is beyond me. A box would not move on its own - it requires someone to push it or throw it down the steps. Yet, it may just mean that my subconscious wants closure on things in my life. Maybe it's the awkward situation with the college friend. Maybe it's the suppressed emotions that has been my company since sophomore year. Maybe it's time I break out of my cage.

It can’t be considered as lucid dreaming because it isn’t. Lucid dreaming would require me to be aware that I am dreaming and me being in control of the narrative. Nonetheless, the interpretation of this is that I might be visited by friends who are not based in the same place as me. Another proposition is a marriage proposal. The latter is weirder because I don’t even have plans for a relationship now, what more marriage. Sure, there are times when I do think about the idea of marriage, but it does not mean that I’ll go through with it (even though I’m facing with pressure from folks around me).

It no longer surprises me when I dream of finding dead bodies anymore. I mean, it’s the second time that it has happened. The first involved me stumbling upon a bloodied crime scene. And now this. DreamsCloud.com highly suggests that this may mean that I have not buried a situation or a relationship that has met its end. This definitely hints at the college friend. Although we aren’t exactly friends anymore, I do think of him from time to time and hope that we’d be able to have a drink and reminisce, just like the lyrics for Kodaline’s Moving On. Another interpretation is that I’m emotionally dead. Am I then emotionally numb? I know that I’ve not arrived at that stage - it takes a lot for me to reach that pinnacle - but I’m more cynical than I’ll ever be. Nothing in life excites me anymore. Only time will reveal everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...