Friday, October 2, 2015

Descriptive Poem - Free Verse

Note: Back in CPU, this is one of the many class assignments that I wrote for Writer's Craft. I'm using it as a filler post because it's that time of the semester again, when I'm sprawled with books and running amok with revision.

The wind blows at the edge of the cliff.
My tears are like rocks rolling down the mountain.
I held a piece of your heart,
But she held the rest of you.
Dancing in your eyes is her soul.
Watching how your lips twitched,
How your eyes brightened up,
Whenever you spoke of her,
It pierces my heart like a sword.
It weakens my soul.
I saw her in you, you in her.
All I could do without crumbling apart was zone out,
Zone out into a better world of dreams.
If you won't hold me in your embrace,
If my heart and soul can't be yours,
I'll join Hades in the Underworld.
Me or her, the choice is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...