Sunday, October 21, 2018

10/21/18

I dreamt that I received news of a murder that was committed in a house. So, me being me, I decided to poke my nose into the matter. I found myself returning to my childhood home. I ran into a schoolgirl the moment I arrived at the district. The schoolgirl confessed that the murder involved my brother and he was alleged to have killed his wife.

The next scene panned to someone’s house porch. It was at a terrace house with a small grassy lawn towards the side. In front of the door was a black-colored car. It was me, the adult version of me, and two children chilling out there. The boy was playing with a girl - both were about five years old the least. The girl decided to offer me a piece of cookie from the container that she brought from home. She said that it was her mother who asked her to bring it to us. One thing that stood out was her hair color. Her hair color was as blonde and shiny as a Goldie’s fur. I sat on the steps that led to the entrance and kept an eye on the two little folks.

An investigative officer for the murder case visited us at the house with updates about the missing person’s case. We were in the midst of a conversation by the gate when someone shouted that there were bones found by the drain. I exchanged a look with him before I saw the reaction in my adult self. Color faded from her face as she absorbed that piece of news, but she hoped against all hope that the bones didn’t belong to the person she missed. As tears swam in her eyes, she shook her head, as if to say please, please, not him.

A group of residents surrounded this particular spot along the alley that divided the rows of houses. There were whispers and chatters until someone gingerly picked up a skull by the drain. It was followed with a gasp from everyone. The skull’s bone structure fit the description of a missing person. The police officer in charge of the case turned in my direction with a frown. I panicked at this sight because I knew what it meant immediately. I was unable to accept the news and reversed before I ran home in tears.

Interpretation

I don’t know what to make out of the dream, to be honest. This is the second day in a week that my dream has a touch of the core course. *throws hands in the air* It also doesn’t help my case that I was thrown awake at 8 am (when I slept at 3 am - don’t ask why; it might have been the combination of cannin and caffeine) with a cold hand on my spine.

Dreaming about the terrace house might be indicative of my future house - but I know it won't be in Australia because I've not seen any Australian house with that kind of layout in my dream. It's only the houses in Malaysia that have it. I'm going to assume that I dreamt of a future version of myself with two children - a boy and a girl. The only question was the girl's hair color because it's unlikely to be my future child, seeing that I'm brunette and the little girl was a blonde.

As for the skull, I'd say that it is indicative of death or the death of something in me. Maybe an element of my personality. Maybe my viewpoint about people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...