Wednesday, January 1, 2020

01/01/2020

I dreamt that I went to an appointment outdoors and returned to my workplace after lunch. There were two swipe-card readers installed at the main and side entrances, which were replaced by the wooden doors painted in white. The ones used in construction whenever a shop or a booth in the shopping mall is undergoing a renovation. My swipe card suddenly didn’t work for the side door, but it worked for the main door, much to my chagrin. I prefer the side door due to the fact that I bypass security and it leads directly to my office. I was met with a dark area and background noise that resembled a crowded place full of chatter.

The second scene involved me climbing up the stairs to my office and passing by a law firm on the first floor. An item meant for them was mistakenly delivered to our office and I volunteered to pass it to them directly. I was welcomed into their waiting area by the receptionist, who then searched for the intended recipient of this parcel that I held. All I heard in their office were conversations between colleagues and the sound of typewriters filling the air.

If I’m forced to interpret the dream, I’d say that there is a strong fear of the unknown: me being in a dark area while my path to brightness is being blocked by another set of doors without any opening. The chatter that I hear in the background is probably me looking at those around me with a third party lens and finding myself wanting to be part of them yet being unable to. The aura that I experienced while climbing the stairs wasn’t pleasing, partially due to the dimly lit walkway (with red lights) and not knowing what would greet me at the top of the steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...