Saturday, October 3, 2020

10/03/2020

With work taking a backseat for a tad bit, it should’ve been a beneficial thing for me - since I’d been able to catch up on whatever that’s been left behind without the fear of bursting out into tears. Life in the pressure cooker is not fun at all, as what the fidgety child in me would whine about - even though she’s grown used to the hustle and bustle of it (inasmuch as she dislikes it). I understand that it’ll be worthwhile to pen an article about working in that sector, but those who’re about to make their entrance would definitely receive countless and valuable advice from their seniors active in that trade. Furthermore, I’m not sure whether I can even comment or draw lessons learned from my time, considering how much angst my brain has. 

There’s a fear of biased opinion spilled, you could say.

Like everyone else, I’ve my reasons for wanting to remain busy at all times. Put it this way: the busier I am, the better for me. At least my tendency to overthink is quashed and I’m off to sleep the moment my head hits the comfortable cotton pillow.

And now, my hands are itching to do something while my hesitant brain is pressured by the gaping hole in my wallet to cooperate with my limbs, if it makes any sense to you. I’m drafting this in the wee hours of the morning and being accompanied by classical covers of rock songs on top of rain, so me not being clear is understandable. I could only describe it as me wanting to fulfill a thousand and one dreams of this and that when I’m financially stable.

Oh well, maybe it’s an indication that I should force myself to return to that unfinished rom-com of mine.

I’ll have more of an update into my life - once my brain’s stable enough to write a proper post.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like work hasn't been too busy for you, and that is great. Hope you got some time for yourself and to rest.

    I do have to agree with you when you say sometimes you have to be busy or else you will overthink. Sometimes I like to busy myself and have things to do from morning to the time I sleep so I won't keep thinking about a stressful event coming up or meeting with someone I want to avoid. I rather put my energy into being productive than worrying.

    I also heard a saying that the busier you are the less time you have to be sick. Then again, rest is important to be healthy.

    Hope you are doing well over there and staying safe. Following the news, things don't look good everywhere at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mabel! There was definitely some time out from work for me to smell the roses and try to recalibrate myself.

    I just hate overthinking because it'll lead me to have sleepless nights, which, in turn, will derail everything the next day. At least with being productive, you get to tick the errands off the to-do list. =)

    Things are just shaky over here - it's somewhat like a roller coaster ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great you got some time to yourself. What I learnt this year is having time to yourself is so important. Normally my mind is always thinking and planning in the present or ahead, and I felt guilty if I stopped. Then when I started blocking out time for myself,it felt like I was a different person with more energy.

      Hope you are staying calm over there and indoors as much as possible.

      Delete

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...