Monday, May 17, 2021

The Little Rantings

Much apologies for abandoning the blog on the back-burner. Too much has occurred in my life that has left me with little time to pursue my interests, let alone update the blog. (As usual, I can hear some of you muttering, lol.)
 
After a challenging period of balancing my side hustle and work, I’m relieved that I finally have some time to sit in front of the computer screen and pen this post, albeit at 12.57 am and the risk of turning up at work with panda eyes and being cranky. I seriously wonder how folks are able to balance a full-time career while moonlighting as a freelancer, especially when it’s arduous to maintain a fixed schedule when one’s drained and in need of sleep.

However, at least I’m forcing myself to carve some time to engage in a bit of bedtime reading - which I’ll do once I’m done with this - to provide my exhausted brain with some relief.
 
Taken before MCO

On the bright side, a new cafe has recently opened up near my workplace, which means that I’ll be able to sneak to the new haunt for a timeout (read: coffee) or to grab something sweet to calm my anxious and overheated soul (yes, when I’m stressed, my temperature spikes - don’t ask me why because I don’t have the answer). There won’t be any pictures posted here because I don’t want to risk revealing my location on such a public sphere when I can’t predict the consequences of doing so.

A little surprise from a friend - taken before MCO

Safety is still important, my friends.

Or, the fact that I’ve stumbled upon a few eateries that are worth subsequent visits - either alone or as a group - due to the tasty dishes, proximity, or memories associated with them. A typical example would be fried rice and my college graduation (I’m not sure why my brain has meshed these) or burgers and college hangouts.

Now that MCO 3.0 has made its presence known, it’s thrown my schedule topsy-turvy as I don’t mind having a lunch break in a different environment since it allows me to mingle with my colleagues and share a few inside jokes with them, giving us a little rest even for that hour. I don’t know about you guys, but a change of environment does the tired brain and emotions wonders.

2 comments:

  1. It is good to see you here. It sounds like you are busy with work and hopefully it is not too stressful. I also wonder how people who work full time manage to balance freelance or side gigs. Maybe they have a good time management, or their full time job only requires them to work a certain amount of hours. Or maybe they are young and have the energy. For me, many days I am tired after working all day and it can be a struggle to write a blog post or even write anything at all - I just want to think of nothing and unwind.

    Good that you discovered a new cafe near your workplace. When things get better over there, you can grab food there with your colleagues. I heard things are hard there right now with lockdown. Hope you okay and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's slightly more stressful during the work from home period, but that's because I'm away from the physical copies of my documents.

      'I also wonder how people who work full time manage to balance freelance or side gigs.' - It's either they have a good time management or they have sacrificed their social life?

      It's actually a cafe that strictly sells soya, though. So, I'm afraid my colleagues and I won't be able to catch coffee when we're in desperate need of it and lazy to walk a distance away. Speaking of which, we managed to go cafe hopping during lunch before the implementation of MCO 2.0 and FMCO.

      'I heard things are hard there right now with lockdown.' - We're in the midst of yet another lockdown (FMCO) at the moment because the number of cases have spiked recently, so all of us are waiting for the time when the situation will improve. Do take care too, Mabel!

      Delete

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...