Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Mini Hair Room Salon, Goodwood, South Australia



It was through a lady’s recommendation that I secured an appointment for a haircut in The Mini Hair Room, Goodwood after weeks in waiting. I was in dire need to fix the awful hairstyle that the previous hairstylist created for me; not only was the ends flicking in various directions, it made me look generations older and less vibrant. 



Although the shop may be small and simple, it is cozy and warm to all of its visitors.

What’s best is that you can catch a quick bite or if you’re famished, you could swing by a dessert store - all within walking distance on the same street!

The decorations that you will see when you enter were mostly the brainchild of Chris with the exception of the lamp on the counter. He related that he was a big fan of arts and craft and he had personally created most of the decorative pieces that sat in strategic places. Placed at the end of the shop window was an antique radio that will burst classics from the past and at the time of my visit? It was playing “Fall at Your Feet” by Crowded House, which immediately spiked my interest with its lyrics.





The hairstylist assigned for me was Chris, who just happens to be only some years older than yours truly. He took a good look of my hair and broke the bad news that not much could be done to improve it. It’s definitely not something I was expecting to hear, but he added that he can still rectify certain areas in an attempt to balance the sides and make the style look.. well, smoother. It was a risk that I had to gamble with because it meant that I’ll be sporting the same length for winter (which I’ve never done it before; wintry Auckland was another story and hidden in a beanie).



The after result was a much better one: the ends are no longer flicking in various directions and as what Mama Carrie would describe, ‘more obedient’.

I’m sorry that I haven’t published the before and after result for the haircut. I’ve been a shy kid as of late and am more comfortable hiding behind the computer screen for now. 


Haircuts strictly by appointment only.


Credits to The Mini Hair Room for the image.

Address: 124A, Goodwood Road,
Goodwood 5034,
South Australia

Tel: (08) 8373 2684

Website: http://www.theminihairroom.com.au
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheMiniHairRoom

Business Hours:

Sun and Mon: Closed
Tues, Weds and Fri: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Thur: 9:30 am to 7:30 pm
Sat: 9:00 am to 2:30 pm

8 comments:

  1. I don't remember the last time I visited a hairdresser in Australia. After being pampered in Asia, I don't think I can go back. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum List, I'm more comfortable with the hair salons in Asia (after having grown up with them) but I think it's going to be something that I have to be accustomed to while I'm in Australia. =)

      Delete
  2. You know you've just done a lousy review, don't you? A hair salon review with no pictures of hair... tsk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm truly aware of that, CL. I was actually emphasizing more on the hair salon than on me, lol. =)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's the boss's camera angle, Small Kuching. *winks* Photography can be deceiving at times, depending on which spectrum you are looking at. =D

      Delete
  4. When I was having short hair, I only go to the same hairstylist since he can only maintain the same style.hahha

    Now with long hair, which saloon also the same la..after all just need to trim a bit here and there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer going to the same hairstylist because the person knows the texture of your hair and is able to, like, design a hairstyle that suits you, Ling. =) Except that when I was having a longer hair, I hated going to the salon.

      Delete

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...