Monday, July 16, 2018

7/16/18



I dreamt that I somehow purchased or rented a luxurious condominium unit in an upscale neighborhood. The living room was tastefully furnished with warm colours and a couple of loud pieces, such as the velvety red carpet underneath the coffee table. There was a lake view with the sunset reflecting its beautiful shade in the water. Next to it was a three-storey villa with wood for walls. Certain sections of that house had floor-to-ceiling windows. Parked in the driveway was a black vehicle. From my vantage point, I couldn’t identify the car make and model, but it looked like it was an Audi. As I gazed out of the window and tried to make my worries disappear, my boyfriend approached from behind and asked whether everything was okay.



In another scene, we visited a particular friend of mine. I was a tad bit apprehensive of this as there was a history between me and him. Well, not exactly a history but somewhere along those lines. Like old times, the friend and I joked around, which left my boyfriend uncomfortable. My boyfriend felt insecure at this conduct and pulled me close before he planted a soft kiss on my cheek. I panicked when he did this because I didn’t want things to become awkward and sandwiching me between them.



A quick search online suggested that my soulmate would arrive from the corner at some point, but I might have to beg to differ on this. As for the make-believe boyfriend in the dream, the online interpretation (www.everydayknow.com/what-does-it-mean-to-dream-about-a-guy-youve-never-met/) exemplified that ‘one of the most common reasons why Mr. Right is an unknown stranger in your dreams is because you don’t actually know who he is in your real life. You may want to have a romantic relationship or a sexual fling in your real life. Since you do not have someone to actually play that role in your waking life, your subconscious had to make someone up for your dream. Your mysterious stranger will most likely be replaced by a real person once you find the right guy in the real world.’ 



At the current time, I haven’t made arrangements to accommodate the entrance of a significant other - even though the subconscious could be craving for it. The boyfriend in the dream does not exist in reality, but he resembled a friend and possessed the aura/characteristics of another. No wonder I felt a slight of twinge of panic. My mind also shouted a familiar name. The name of someone whom I have not spoken to in years. I guess it’s the subconscious wondering about the what if. 




The online dream interpretation - Aunty Flo - suggested that ‘to see a newly built mansion in your dream suggests that you might be moving into a brand new phase of life - or perhaps a fresh outlook in life.’ (credits: https://www.auntyflo.com/dream-dictionary/mansion)



Back when I was younger, I once envisioned myself living in The Glades (Putra Heights) or Sunway Quay. My best bet is that the subconscious desires to live in a place that have the similar aura as these locations and the newly built villa is a reminder that half of my dreams are alive, but not burning brightly. 



As for the sunset, We Know Your Dreams.com opined that ‘dreaming of sunset also means that you are terribly disheartened by something in your waking life and you are looking forward to put an end to it. However, the bad time is not ending and you are in the same pit. You are trying hard to get rid of the major problem that you are into (probably a terrible relationship), but the problem is simply holding on to you.’ (credits: http://weknowyourdreams.com/sunset.html)



Well, there is a certain element of truth here. I am disappointed by something in my waking life and can’t wait for this pathetic chapter to write itself out. Based on what I have experienced and seen so far, I’m afraid that like what the prediction said, there is no end to this. At least for now. No matter what I do, I’m stuck in the murky waters. What’s making it worse to endure is that it’s not the first time I’m feeling this way.

5 comments:

  1. This seemed quite the vivid dream. Sounds like you had some spending power there in the dreamworld and could afford a pretty comfortable lifestyle. The boyfriend part was interesting, and also when you say that maybe your subconscious made him up and you didn't know him in real life. Maybe deep down you do want someone to care for you (I think we all do want that special someone). Or maybe that is a fragment of your future.

    Meeting your significant other or future partner could be something unexpected. I guess it's the way you meet others in general and who your friends are, especially those who stick by you over time. Or maybe that person in your dream was a figment or representation of someone in your life, someone who could fit that description in at least some small way. For most of my dreams that involve people, they involved people I know...in a way that is scary because for one I could be dreaming of the future between me and these people I know, or my mind could be revealing something bothering me about them.

    I actually thought the sunset part of the dream quite nice. This might be because I've seen a lot of beautiful colourful sunsets over the last few years and enjoy the tranquility in watching the day end quietly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been one of my dreams to purchase a modest pad for myself in a place that I like (say, my hometown but the property prices are a pain now). As for the boyfriend, it won't hurt to have someone care for me and wrap his strong arms around me when I'm tired or upset with the world. I'm just not sure if it's a representation of my future...

      'Or maybe that person in your dream was a figment or representation of someone in your life, someone who could fit that description in at least some small way.' - One of my college friends has that aura of the make-believe boyfriend... and his name actually crop up in the dream. Oh, Mabel, I think I'll DM you about the clearer picture.

      Sunsets are beautiful, that I'll agree with you. =) But based on the situation I'm in, it's more of art imitating life...

      Delete
    2. Hopefully you get that modest pad for yourself in the future. I think many of us want a place to call our own, a place where we can not relax but built up our lives and build up memories...in a way it's like reliving our chidhood.

      So many the people you dream of are about the people in yourreal life :P

      Delete
    3. With the erratic property trend back home, I think I'll only be able to afford it in my dreams unless some weird twist of fate occurs. I wouldn't mind buying back one of the two childhood homes I grew up in if I've the money, though.

      Haha, you don't say. So far, only two of them have made frequent entrances in my dream. I even dreamt of the college friend again last night, oh gosh. *groans*

      Delete
    4. It's hard to buy a home anywhere these days. The world in general, at least the developed countries, are becoming hard to afford to do and get anywhere, and we have to be very organised with our money :/

      Delete

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...