Tuesday, August 27, 2019

08/27/2019

I dreamt that I went to view a condo unit situated in one of the medium rise buildings in Brisbane. There was an initial roundtable discussion with the property agent and the person in charge from the management about the tenancy, such as the duration of my stay and any additional conditions attached to the agreement. Yet I couldn’t confirm about taking vacant possession of the unit as my would-be housemate would need to take a look at it to see if it suits him as well.

The condo unit was spacious with lots of natural light spilling into the area - a benefit of it being a corner unit. The kitchen had an open concept to it. On the right was the kitchen cabinet and the built-in appliances. To the left was the white dining table and another balcony that fronted a shorter building. There was a road separating this building and the neighboring structure. The walkway then extended to the living room and another balcony. On the left was an LCD TV with a set of three seater sofa facing each other. When I peeked my head out of the sliding door, I observed that this particular property also came with a sea view. What struck me as odd was the blue aura that I felt.

The waiting area outside the condo came with grey walls and grey tiles. There were three elevators facing five units. As we waited for the elevator, the neighbor at the other end of the row was about to enter his unit. He and his wife sounded like they were from Mainland China, judging from the Mandarin accent that they spoke in as well as the way they carried themselves. Next to the unit I viewed was a locked cabinet displaying a fire hose reel and portable fire extinguisher.

I initially wasn’t sure who or what the dream hinted at because I didn’t know head or tail, but after asking (someone) for his opinions, the pieces started to fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. This is one of the dreams closely associated with my real life. My personal interpretation of this is that I’m subconsciously craving for a bachelorette pad that I can share with a close friend whom I can trust in a safe, reputable place. It’s rather close to another dream I had about sharing a unit with someone.

Dream-Meaning.net interprets this as To dream that you are hunting to rent a new apartment, suggest transitioning into a new phase in life. You are up for new emotional and financial adventures, perhaps a new job or relationship. If the dream features hunting for apartment with a significant other, it suggests that you are ready to move the relationship to the next level.'. Connecting it to the dream context, I wasn't in a relationship with the would-be housemate; rather, I was trying to reduce the financial costs by sharing a place with a close friend. Flowing from that, it's relatively accurate, considering what has happened so far with regards to a job. As to what constitutes a new phase in life, maybe it's the future me signing the tenancy and receiving the keys for a tastefully decorated semi-furnished residence in a place away from familiar faces.

Another angle has a darker explanation. DreamStop.com opines that 'Renting is a constant drain on resources, and is not a permanent residence. Therefore even if you dream about renting a very nice house, it still indicates that your life is not stable, or does not feel stable to you.”. Well, look at what showed up. This has hit a sore part of my life, but for reasons that I'm unwilling to share on a public domain.

4 comments:

  1. Oh! Life can be interpreted however we choose. Let's interpret it the former way rather than the latter. Or, maybe you are feeling the warmth of the lovely natural light in that apartment and giving thanks to the wonderful pollution-free blue skies over there. ;-) (The haze is just not letting up over here!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember that there was a blue sky in my dream - no clouds, but just pure ocean blue sky, though. 😅 Or maybe ... feeling the warmth to the point where I feel welcomed too?

      Oh my gosh, I know!! The haze hasn't showed any signs of leaving yet. =(

      Delete
  2. This seemed like a vivid dream, and you described the layout of the apartment in quite a bit of detail. It didn't seem like a bad dream at all and I gathered the discussions with the agent were quite pleasant. Based on the two interpretations, what the dream represents could go either way. Maybe it's a sign that you'll be on the move temporarily or maybe might face more challenges.

    To be honest I think if you are willing to rent in a very small space (e.g. one room in a big share house or a studio apartment), then living costs could be less. I've found living with others household bills tend to increase even after you've split the bill, compared to the times I lived by myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of those vivid dreams for me; that's how I could describe the layout and the scenery of that unit. I don't think it's the possibility of a new job, though I hope that I don't have to face any more challenges.

      Another reason why I like to live alone - I don't have to worry about the exorbitant household bills and there is privacy too.

      Delete

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...