Monday, March 2, 2020

03/03/2020

Credit to Public Domain Pictures.net for the image

My heart is weighed with emotions,
Ones that I don’t speak of.
Running away from those demons,
Ones that cast a shadow above me.

Fleeing from the strangling hands of pain,
The fear dances in my eyes.
A film of sweat coat my palms.
Thuds of heartbeat in my ears.

Hugging my knees close to my chest,
Tears swim down my cheeks.
Reminiscence fills the air,
Taunting my weakened heart.

A part of me wants to release the rope of life.
I don’t want to fight anymore.
I want to let go and leave,
To a place with everlasting serenity.

My hands are bleeding from holding on.
My bones are drained of all motivation.
Dark thoughts penetrate my brain,
Killing the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...