Friday, December 23, 2011

Night

If life gives you lemons, make lemonades. Wasn't that what people have been saying about a tough life?

Golden Palm Tree Sea Villas, Bagan Lalang, Sepang

Sitting outside on the balcony with a mug of hot chocolate in one hand and a romance novel in the other and listening to the sound of the waves, there is some feeling of peace and contentment.

To have not been remembered by some is definitely disappointing but expected. I've learned ages ago that it's part and parcel of life to lose friends every 7 years. It's high time that I let that past friendship slip through my fingers and bid it adieu. There's no point in praying for the time to be turned back. It's just impossible to undo something that has been done.

On a night like this, it's nice to have a couple of trusted friends over for desert and a round of girl's talk with nothing held back. Be in the presence of friends, yakking until the wee hours of the morning and catching a late breakfast at the favorite haunt. I don't know how that will work out as I've not given it a shot.

Although I can hear the music from next door, it's still good to be seated here in the peaceful night and gathering thoughts about everything. I'm supposed to be asleep in my bed now at the stroke of midnight but there's a sense of urgency to have this post published.

There will be a Christmas post, alright, but let me sort through the countless photographs that Mama Carrie and I both took. I never knew that Christmas decorations could be so grandeur or simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...