Friday, June 27, 2014

6/27/2014



Man, I wish someone would've warned me in advance of the immense exhaustion that would have spilled over after the graduation. In all retrospect, I'm more debilitated now than I was as a returning junior last semester and to think that I survived the senior semester without any health scare is a miracle, pure miracle. Sure, there are times when my mind wanted to rebel against my body to spend an entire night awake to complete my assignments without any rest.

Now that I think back, let's just say that my dear and good friend pleaded with me not to tread down that path, especially since the latter did exactly what he told me not to do, and it left him on sick leave for the entire week.

I can lean towards insanity when I want to achieve those grades, if you didn't know that already. I never actually had the taste of an all-nighter partly because Mama Carrie ensured that I remained sane since I already had the sour taste of sleep deprivation. And that one time when I decided to give the Guinness Stout a taste, I thought I could cover my tracks with ease by drinking the entire 1.5L bottle of 100 Plus until it was reflected on my face during class.

Crap, not that fake shade of blush on my cheeks?



So yeah, don't even consider the notion of sleeping at 4 am on a day when you've an assignment to hand in (mine was a debate that I couldn't afford to fail), my dear friends. Surprisingly, the score for that one wasn't that bad, but it certainly could've improved if I paid more time into my research, arguments and adequate rest.

I didn't know what I babbled towards the end and earned myself a slight fever, lol.

Now that I have more time on my hands, the only thing that I want to do is sleep and the longer the better, which is petrifying Mama Carrie because she'd rather see me having a normal sleeping pattern than the midnight-to-10-am habit. Or better yet, to prepare for the nerve-wrecking university applications. There's nothing much I can do about the latter; for that lovely refuge, I've already submitted all of the related documents to the universities and am waiting for Sydney's UNSW to revert with a decision. For the snowy shelter, the next round of applications will only be opened in August for the next intake as there'd be no way I'd be able to make it for the current intake. It's not to say that the admission officers considering the applications (mind you, they can't be blamed; they receive around thousands of applications from domestic or international students) will take their time; it's the student visa that eats the bulk of the time.

But yeah, like what they say, it's best to enjoy all of the free time that I now have before another stressful academic that will melt at least 3 years of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...