Thursday, February 20, 2020

Left Alone


Dark thoughts that swirl in my mind,
They suffocate me with unseen hands.
The weight of it is heavier than an anchor.
I’m flailing my hands for help.

The persistence to fight the tough road,
It is being bled from my bones.
My body is losing its strength,
Drip by drip, minute after minute.

Specks of happier memories,
They rise from the ashes before me.
Bits and pieces in mixed fashion,
They console my exhausted heart.

Clouds of cold embraces me,
Soothing my tired soul.
It convinces my fatigued brain
That it is okay to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...