Tuesday, April 14, 2020

04/14/2020

Now that I’m sitting in front of the computer screen and attempting to pen today’s thoughts, I’m shrouded in a cloud of apprehension about everything around me. My emotional health isn’t as optimal. My psyche and soul are strained with the irrational thoughts being continuously fed to it. It’s exhausting to confront one’s thoughts on a daily basis when I’m susceptible to overthinking.

Since my emotions have somehow been thrown into a whack, it’s affected my appetite to such a stage where I’m able to survive on 1.5 meals for most days. I’ve skipped breakfast in favor of lunch (which consists of a takeaway meal from the nearby Indian restaurant) whereas dinner has something simple and filling that I can whip up within ten minutes - or would involve eating toast or cereal with caffeine. It’s not healthy if you ask me. I’m lacking on certain nutrients to the point where I have muscle spasms. In fact, at the time I’m writing this post, I’ve just recovered from a strained lower back.

Having caffeine for dinner is also not a good option - unless you’re forced to stay up late or pull an all-nighter for legitimate reasons . . . like work.

On the flipside, when I’m working, I have a completely contrasting diet. I’d have a light breakfast - usually oats or nasi lemak - followed by lunch that tend to be alternated between leftover food from home or dining in at the nearby restaurants. This depends on how stressed I am from the paperwork and whether I’m willing to get myself burnt by the sun to reach the cafe in mind. Dinner would range from something soothing to a fulfilling nutrient-heavy meal.

I guess you could say that the MCO has compelled everyone to take a step back and reevaluate their responsibilities and priorities in life. I can’t speak for others, but it has definitely pushed me into a corner and to listen to what my rational thoughts are telling me. Being on the go for most months have definitely drained me, but it allows me to concentrate on something other than myself.

One thing’s for sure; it’ll be arduous to predict when things will return to its normalcy. Even if there’s normalcy, it’d be a new normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...