Wednesday, April 1, 2020

A mix and match of thoughts

I dreamt that I paced the 2nd floor of an abandoned shopping mall. The lift foyer was completely dark, devoid of any lights except for the ones illuminating the area whenever the doors open for a second. The floor itself was barely lit. It was borderline musty as well.

The next scene involved me being in another building - one with windows. Like loads of it. I attended a conference with my luggage in tow. Due to the mismanagement of planning on my part, I was to rush to the airport to catch my flight once the event was over. As I was about to keep my luggage in a staff-only pantry, someone greeted me at the door with a Caucasian in tow. Both were panting and had panicky eyes. The Caucasian wanted to know where the SAT exam was. My fellow volunteer pronounced it as the past tense of sit whereas I immediately knew what the Caucasian meant. She meant the widely used college admissions test in the States. I then guided her to the examination venue.

The camera panned to the next scene where I was in a room full of people. There was so much chatter that it deafened me. It was just that obstreperous. When the person bent over the table rose to his full height and our eyes met, I instantly realized that it was my college friend. Again, he looked different from what I remembered. His attire was neat yet there was something in his eyes… as if the expression he wore bordered between a thug and a resting bitch face. It was hours later that I lugged my luggage past a sign that read GC and there were people gathered on the silky lawn, minding their own business. The signage even had flowers planted around it.

Let's begin the dream interpretation.

For the abandoned shopping mall, an online interpretation revealed that 'To be overwhelmed but the abandoned building can suggest that you wish to hide away in life. If the buildings have been vacant for a considerable amount of time and that this is closed fairly tight the representation of the psyche. Buildings generally represent our own emotions, problems, and changes'. This is a tad bit too close for comfort for one main reason: it's a reflection of how my mental state of mind is at the current moment. Neither do I want to stand in the crowd nor do I want any attention to be brought on myself whatsoever. I'd rather remain a wallflower and observing everyone in the silence. Since it is an empty building, there's a good chance that the matters I'm dealing with are snowballing in effect. And it's not bringing a positive impact on me.

For my luggage, one of the websites indicated that 'Negatively, luggage may represent the burden of your responsibilities and emotional problems that follow you around. Emotional “baggage” you have problems letting go of. Behavior that may be too high maintenance. Problems you to constantly deal with or talk about. Children you need to look after. Alternatively, dream of luggage may represents a wish to experience something different. You may wish to leave the past behind you or show other people how different you are.' Again, I completely relate to this as my subconscious is sinking from the emotional weight that I'm carrying. No matter how I try to resolve (a particular thing), it just keeps popping out of nowhere and reminding me that I'm a failure. Only my close friend is aware of its extent. I'm batshit sure that if I'm given a chance, I'd trade certain elements for something better. Something that'll soothe the gnawing pain in my heart as well.

For the college friend, how shall I elaborate on his presence in the dream? It's the umpteenth time where he has made himself known, but what stood out was the look he shot me with. It wasn't one laced with anger, but one of unfamiliar familiarity; like me being there brought reminiscence of the things he wanted to forget. Maybe I'm a familiar stranger to him in real life, who knows? However, I read somewhere that psychologically speaking, if you dream of someone, it means that person misses you. I don't know whether it's applicable because there's just no reason for it.

As for the signage, the only GC that I know of is Gold Coast, which is located somewhere near Brisbane. The only key point that I can pull from this is that my heart craves for the serenity that Kings' Park in Perth enveloped me with in a place where no one knows me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...