Saturday, April 4, 2020

Uncensored Thoughts

I’m bone-tired with everything that has happened. As what my close friend pointed out as of late, I’m mentally holding to something that we’re not sure exists anymore.


Happiness.

What constitutes happiness?

It’s a subjective question with an individualistic answer. Ask three people this question and you’ll get three different answers. Some may define happiness as having the love of their life by their side and watching the sunset together. Some may define happiness as being in the loving arms of their family. Some may elaborate more on it and explain that it means doing what they love to do as a job.

What about me?

For me, happiness is having a stable life (as anyone who’s experienced trauma would appreciate), having job security, financial independence, and having friends that I know would catch me if and when I fall. If I’m being honest, it’s arduous to achieve because I’m clueless as to whether it’d even happen. Seeing that financial independence is something that’s talked about regularly but rarely acted upon because of life’ s responsibilities, it’s hard to ascertain whether we’d all be exuberant. Some of us would have financial commitments like housing loan, car loan, credit card payments, and maybe on top of supporting our families. Some of us, well, may be fortunate enough to have parental assistance in the form of a down payment towards a vehicle or a residence.

Yet there are some of us who project happiness in an attempt to hide our truest emotions. Say, we’re feeling emotionally down but are unable or unwilling to let anyone around us know about it. Or that we’re experiencing something terrible - alone.

Hopefully, once this is all done and dusted, we would all be able to venture in search of our true happiness and place this behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...