Sunday, April 24, 2011

Everything fell apart at the last moment

If you had carefully read my last post, you'd have known by now that I had not looked forward to the Triduum Masses, not because my attendance is encouraged but because the Masses may end later than expected. It'll be nicer if there is a Chrism Mass, but the current circumstances won't permit it.

It rained like cats and dogs when we arrived for the Night Mass. The wind had such fury that it caused an inconvenience to human beings but no permanent damage to anything, I guess. We could barely look into the distance and it was really hard to focus with the powerful thunder and lightning. It knocked out a couple of traffic lights and almost flooded the streets.

Thank God the thunder did not mess with the Church's electricity or we'll be attending the Mass in the dark, which, let me tell you, is a big problem.

Good Friday was a little better in the sense that it didn't rain in the evening, but I chose to attend the afternoon, shorter one. With that being said, I really pity those parishioners who don't have the option of attending the afternoon Mass without sacrificing something.

Why can't Malaysia make Good Friday a holiday like Singapore?

I won't share anything about this year's Easter Vigil as I was somewhat "upset" by the way the whole thing turned out. I certainly wasn't expecting anything of that sort to unfold and I could give a glimpse into what had happened, but for what? It will only incur God's wrath, so, no, I'll leave it at that.

But let me end it by saying that some parishioners did summon the courage to steal forty winks. If that client hadn't asked for an Easter Sunday viewing, Mama Carrie would have given the Day Mass a thought.

The night was pretty rough on my part. Mama Carrie's cellphone crashed at the wrong time and I had to sit there - in the middle of the night with the darkness surrounding me - for two hours to extract important contact numbers and switching phones. I eventually surrendered to the fact that her cell phone was down with a high fever.

Here comes the twist.

What time did I officially sleep? 3 am. Yes, you read that right and I woke up at almost noon with a nasal congestion. I'm still sneezing badly even as I'm writing this post, which is, like, 4 hours later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...