Friday, August 17, 2012

Up, up and away


Yes, you read that right.

The selling price for a modest-sized house now costs a minimum 600k; it's higher if it's renovated, a corner/end-lot or well-maintained.

I'm happily waiting for the bubble to burst, yanking along with it the escalating property prices to a whole new low; it's gone up way too high and mind you, it still is. Geez, if I had known then that the property prices would appreciate so much, I should've just placed the 2% deposit for that lovely 1.5 story house and settle the finance with Mama and Papa Carrie with me taking a house loan for the balance.

Well, that shows that once you've missed the boat, it's your bad luck.

Sigh. I wonder what caused the sudden spike in property prices.

Unscrupulous real estate agents?








Greedy owners?










An increase in raw materials?









Land appreciation?

I guess I'll have to wait until an economical crash before I can make my next move. All too great.

2 comments:

  1. Good investment. Worth taking up and sacrificing other things the value of which would drop the moment you've bought it and walked out of the shop. Prices of houses would keep going up and up, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that, suituapui. It's true; one can never go wrong with property investment if one has enough greens to spare. =)

      One problem I have now is that my family and I would be moving abroad soon and my parents aren't going to burden themselves with another housing loan - even though it's for my dream house. And I doubt I'm eligible for a loan myself.

      Delete

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...