Tuesday, February 23, 2016

University of Adelaide: O-Week with the Union - Semester 1, 2016

Before I write the post, please allow me to apologize for the lack of photos. Not only was there an intention to sneak a couple of photos for the blog, I wanted to experience O-Week from another perspective.

Attending O-Week as a freshman and sophomore has its difference, mind you. As a sophomore, you feel like you're a lone ranger in a sea of unfamiliar faces (unless you're super lucky to be enrolling in the same degree at the same university as your chums). As a freshman, you're able to slide into the atmosphere and bask in the company of your university friends.

That's how I felt anyways.

I'll let the pictures speak for itself - and describe how I participated in the O-Week activities.



A flower crown - in the process of being made. It sure looks as simple as hell, but doing it is tougher than you can imagine. I ended up accidentally poking myself with the sharp ends of the artificial flower and wire at least twice. *sighs*

I'm not going to show you the final product; although it looks alright, I'm not satisfied with the end result. Then again, I was never blessed in the artistic arena. =P


In front of the Art History Club, prepping ourselves with the materials needed for the flower crown.


This picture was taken when I arrived on the first day of O-Week at Barr Smith Lawns. As always, I was a lone ranger - until I decided to cajole a friend to join me for the fun and games.


Touring Clubsland (in Maths Lawn) was of another story. That's where all of the clubs will congregate and attract new members - yet my eyes caught a yacht.


Hub Central, where University displayed the services they offered, ranging from Accommodation Services to guided tours and to chaplaincy/pastoral care.


CBA (Commonwealth Bank) decided to stop by for a visit.


Don't even ask me why I snapped this picture. I guess I was dying of boredom, lol.

10 comments:

  1. Boredom? I wish I were there! I love these fairs...there, not here - so very hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it weren't for the hot and humid weather, I'm sure I'd have enjoyed myself even more at O-Week, suituapui.

      Yup, it's almost autumn and it (finally) feels like KL's weather, lol.

      Delete
  2. gosh, while i was reading this, i was trying to recall my own orientation week ... and i can barely remember anything! everything fades after a number of years, for better or worse ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries about that, Sean. I'm sure even I'll forget my orientation when I've graduated too - hence the photographic memories ^^

      Delete
  3. O Week! Oh now you are triggering a flood of memories and mixed emotions for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they're all good memories of your university days, Yum List. =)

      Delete
  4. OO...I like to visit this kind of fair. Maybe in cooling countries. Not as much in Malaysia..hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's understandable, Yee Ling. =) The Malaysian weather is really potent in exhausting us - right to our bones. There are a couple of Street Markets (and two right in the CBD) you should check out if you're visiting Adelaide. ^^

      Delete
  5. The photos made me think of my orientation week in Australia too. Lovely pics. There's something about the colorful booths on grass that makes me think back to my old campus. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, HB! =) I'm not sure why, but this year's orientation was a tad bit better than my own one. I don't even remember participating in the O-Week activities, lol.

      Well, I hope it's all good thoughts! =)

      Delete

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...