Thursday, July 10, 2014

Chocolate Galore

If you've been on Instagram and Facebook lately, you'd have known by now that I have recently uploaded pictures of my recent baking adventure with chocolate.

Don't roll your eyes in boredom just yet; yes, this recipe may be similar to those, but I've excluded the use of chocolate powder (since I ran out of it) and added soy flour and bread crumbs (instead of allowing it to rot in the fridge after purchasing it from Woolworths Australia last summer) as an experiment.

Needless to say, to convince a fussy critic in Mama Carrie was no easy feat.



Ingredients:

100 g soy flour
100 g cake/pastry flour
1/2 tsp table salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp milk powder
Splash of bread crumbs

1/4 cup of softened butter
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp rose water
1 cup of milk
200g softened chocolate bars

Directions:

Oil a 9.5" pie plate.
Sift all dry ingredients into one medium-sized bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl, pour the vanilla and rose water.
Add the eggs, 1/2 milk and 1/2 of the dry mixture before beating it together with an electric mixer until a sticky concoction arises.
Alternate between the rest of the mixture and the milk.
Combine the melted chocolate into the damp batter.
Lay the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake at 180°C/ 356°F for approximately 20 minutes.
Lower the temperature to 160°C/320°F on the bottom tier and bake for another 20 minutes.
Insert a wooden stick and if the stick is coated with only the melted chocolate, it's ready to be served.














Voila!

It is definitely best eaten with a mug of espresso or Americano. *winks*

2 comments:

  1. Nice! This is really doing it from scratch! :)

    I wonder if this recipe can be modified to work in a bread maker. We bought some "Korean bread mix" and it didn't work coz the bread maker kept on waiting for the yeast dispenser to dispense yeast and it keeps on kneeding coz the sensors indicate that the proofing hasn't started (while it doesn't need to proof, the yeast is already in the mix).

    I think I used the wrong mode, but I'll love to use your recipe and try it this weekend! We bake a loaf every weekend. I'll try it and get back to you! Thanks for the recipe! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth be told, I'm not sure because I don't have a bread maker at home. I'm only intending to buy it when I'm doing the degree abroad.

      But let me know how it goes, and if it's possible, I can continue baking without an oven while studying in the university. No probs, Huai Bin, and good luck! =)

      Delete

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...