Monday, June 25, 2018

6/25/2018

I dreamt that a friend and I visited an acquaintance of mine - or rather, a family friend since he knew my parents. What I didn’t know was that he was a law lecturer until he let the cat out of the bag. Sure, I knew that he taught for a living but only that. When he said that he is teaching DRE but in another university, I asked him to repeat himself because I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

As we walked out of his house, my breath caught in my throat because I was looking at the vast scenery of bluish sky and greenery. It definitely was not your average residence with semi-detached and terrace houses.

The next scene panned to the exact street that I grew up as a child. I panicked as I couldn’t find my Shih Tzu dog and yelled his name at the top of my voice. As it dawned on me that someone might have stolen him, my voice cracked and I ended up burst into tears. As if sensing my fear, a gold Cocker Spaniel emerged from nowhere and crawled her way to me. Her red leash was still intact. I looked left and right but there was no sign of her owner. As I looked deeper into her watery eyes, there was an element of recognition. It was if she knew who I was. She then guided me to an entourage of people throwing a party in a public place. The person who answered my knock on the door was a Singaporean celebrity - I didn’t know his name, but I remembered seeing one of his TV dramas.

Okay, I’m not sure where to start, but I’ll give it a go.

As for the lecturer, it might be the male version of my DRE lecturer. In reality, I just finished the DRE exams and my lecturer for that course is a female. Some elements of that particular scene resonated with me because that’s exactly what she shared with us during our knitting sessions. There is a chance that my subconscious is worried about my exam performance. I’m not worried about a bare pass, but I’m not sure if I’m able to achieve the grade that I need.

As for the Cocker Spaniel, this is where it gets interesting. Even though I have been away from that street for such a long time, I still can remember it at the top of my head. The dog belonged to my good friend, which is a bit ironic that this is the second time I've dreamt of the fur child. I've never officially met her, only through pictures that he uploads on Instagram. A quick check online revealed something unexpected:

1) my inner child has had enough of the chaotic world; and

2) 'alternatively the Spaniel could be symbolizing your alertness. The appearance of a spaniel may mean that you are looking for companionship. You are ready for a relationship.’

(Both interpretations are credited to Spirit Animal Totems.)

Come to think of it, the second possibility might make full sense because I had a similar dream the night before. I was with someone - a male with short, black hair, about my age if not slightly younger - in a Ramadan bazaar, looking for Malay delicacies when he said that he'll pay for my share as well. The only problem? I couldn't see who this guy was. Only his hair and height stood out.

As for me dreaming of that Singaporean celebrity, maybe it is my subconscious admiring a famous person's financial security and focus/emphasis on presenting a good work that reminds the audience of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...