Sunday, August 3, 2014

Cooking Experiments

It'd always be a matter of time before I can be found in the kitchen, all sweaty and soiled from the contained heat of the gas stove. Well, what do you expect? The need to finish the near-expired items is greater than the desire to treat the fatigue. No wonder I had the thought that I might be sliding down the route of CFS. Oh, that stands for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

So, what did I whip up during the short time there?

This.



It looks like a piece of cake but it was not an easy feat, considering that this is my maiden attempt at it. Whether I was rushing to beat the clock or running on auto-pilot, I missed out on the most important part: the coconut milk! =.=" As a substitute, I threw a tad bit too much of salt into the mixture....

No wonder it tasted salty!

What about the second dish?



Well, it's a dessert and definitely easier than the first one. It's rather plain, if you ask me.

It's just a sachet of gelatin powder stirred and melted in a pot of boiling water before the addition of fresh milk and the refrigeration process. It's that simple for me. Taste wise, it's bearable, especially since there's no salt or sugar inside.

10 comments:

  1. What's that? Pulut or glutinous rice? No coconut milk. No worries, just eat dipped in kaya, nice also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's glutinous rice with blue pea flower, STP. =)

      Really? I should've dipped in kaya instead because I ate it with my dinner...

      Delete
  2. i have eaten that before and i love it too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, cquek. ^^

      I'm not sure about you, but I personally prefer to eat it warm as it's softer. =)

      Delete
  3. I love cooking experiments! What a pretty hue on the rice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo, this is one of my favourite ingredients when it comes to nyonya kuih. i love it when it's firm and sticky with a nice bite, and with some savouriness too ... pairing it with kaya sounds like a good idea too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not easy to eat it when it's taken its shape, Sean. I've eaten it before from the nyonya shop and... let's just say I had difficulties with it. >_>

      You mean the sweetness from the kaya and the saltiness from the rice?

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Shirley! ^^

      Unfortunately, cooking experiments aren't exactly the best way for me to de-stress. =/

      Delete

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...