Thursday, December 11, 2014

My Writing Process

I figured that I wanted a bit of challenge today and accepted the one posted by CL @ RealGunners - even though I am half-exhausted by the constant travel earlier in the day and have a busy day tomorrow.

WHAT AM I WORKING ON?

I have an impending food review and another Christmas post that needs to be drafted and reviewed. I'm hoping that this will be done by next weekend, but knowing myself, it might be done sooner. In addition, I'm helping a friend with her personal statement and university-related matters concurrently.

HOW DOES MY WORK DIFFER FROM OTHERS OF ITS GENRE?

Hmmm, I doubt my blog even has a genre since I am writing about almost everything (except love and relationship; it's something that I don't like to write on a public platform) and a couple of creative pieces splashed here and there. For the sake of asking your question, however, I guess the difference lies with the finished piece and the expression of my thoughts on the chosen daily/weekly content.

But that's just how I see, though.

WHY DO I WRITE WHAT I DO?

It's simple; by writing in the manner or about the things that I do, it allows me to somehow accept the situation and take the necessary steps to move on from it. It is also a way for me to keep my passion for writing burning as bright as the candlelight and improve my vocabulary.

It is something like an online diary for me since I can't own a journal. I have a very bad habit of scribbling on the journal or using it as a rough book instead, deviating far from its original use.

HOW DOES MY WRITING PROCESS WORK?

Whoa, I have to describe it? Seeing that I can be a perfectionist when it comes to the grammar and spelling, I have a couple of stages that I undergo whenever I'm about to update the blog.

First of all, I will mentally fine comb through the stuffs that I want to write about and pen the pointers on paper (actual paper, mind you). Once that has been started, I will freewrite all of the ideas on Microsoft Word (it's something that I picked up and enhanced from Ms. Minor's class tutorials) before rewriting the entire content and beginning the first draft. I will then obliterate the previous copy. Before sending it for publishing, I will review it once more in a process called proofreading to see where I can expand/lengthen or shorten. It ends once the paragraphs are in transition with each other and when I am satisfied with my work. The rest would be updating Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.

You see, it can take me from an hour up to 3 days to complete the post. Some are easier to write; some are difficult, requiring more patience and imagery to it.

I'm not going to nominate anyone because I don't know who would be able to take up the challenge, but if you think you're up for it, why not? *winks* But do give me a heads up so that I can swim over to your blog and have a peek at it.

2 comments:

  1. That was fast! Thanks for taking up the challenge! ;)
    I have the same concerns with a proper hardcopy journal. It will either go missing or become a rough book in no time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At lightning speed as well, lol. No problem, CL. =D

      Exactly!!! Not to mention, I have the tendency of buying more notebooks than necessary... and to cut a long story short, it's easier to manage a blog. ^^

      Delete

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...