Friday, August 19, 2011
Taken during our previous trip to Empire Gallery.
Wouldn’t it be great to take a day off from our busy schedules and take a deep breath?
It does not need to be said, but everyone seems to be torn into pieces of work stress. In this age of time, there are more and more cases of people being down with avoidable illnesses. A little stress is good for the body, but too much stress wrecks havoc on the body as it sends a signal to the brain to release countless amounts of cortisol.
Appreciate life while you can, people. You don’t want to be filled with regrets when it’s beyond the point of no return, do you?
Here are some tips you could try:
1) If you ever find yourself in a stressful situation, leave the scene to take a breather, if possible.
2) Exercise! Not only does it help to relieve stress, it also helps to keep you healthy and raises your metabolism rate.
3) Comedy films or reality programs. Mama Carrie swears that the latter works for her whenever she’s stressed. Me, I prefer to listen to music at a loud volume.
4) Write your feelings on paper and shred or burn it once you’re done.
5) Rock climbing.
6) Listen to soothing music.
7) Learn to prioritize. Stress can stem from the lack of time management.