Friday, August 12, 2011

What does it mean, anyway?

"Hey, where are you?"
"I'm on my way."

I don't remember what I was doing, but I saw that lots of people had turned up for the event. In the midst of the crowd, I spotted Leigh, who was engaged in banter with her friend. I doubt she had noticed me.

While waiting for him, I made my way to the first floor, where it was quieter. As I made my way into the hall, I noticed that there were people helping each other to carry boxes after boxes of goodies.



It was during sunrise that I found myself on the road, driving and appreciating the morning silence. I could see the street lights being switched off by the maintenance department of the municipal council as the sun made its appearance.

Behind me was the red Ford Focus that was being driven by him. I had peeked at my rear view mirror and noticed that he was leaning his head on one hand and manevouring the steering wheel with the other hand. I could see that, although his concentration was on the road, he was thinking about something.

Somewhere along the way, it was just me on the empty, silent road to nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...