Sunday, October 16, 2011

Wisdom Teeth, you better give some wisdom

A wave of sluggishness is overcoming me as I write this post. It must've been the antibiotics that I had to take for the teeth holes.

Yeah, I had extracted two wisdom teeth at one shot at the advice of Mama Carrie. One of the tooth would've been covered by the gum if I had delayed seeing the dentist. My long-time dentist had suggested that I had all four removed, but I couldn't bear with the effects of post-op. He tried to joke with me to make sure that I was relaxed.

It was last year that my second molar tooth had suffered a severe decay leading to an infection before I struggled with the extraction. It was hell!

This extraction was surprisingly not that painful; I felt the pressure of the forceps. I kept humming the tune of "Wish You Were Here" by Avril Lavigne to calm my nerves at the end as I was getting nervous as a bat. I'm never scared of the dentist, but I never look forward to extractions. It scares me.

It'll be after a couple of days that I'll be able to ingest solids again. Soft foods, it is then. It's difficult to eat my daily meals with my wisdom tooth hole being sewed up.

Then again, I'm happy that I went to the dentist earlier or I'll be in more pain. I however will return again in 1 - 3 months to extract the remaining two for prevention. God knows what problem it'll bring in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...