Saturday, October 27, 2012

Banana Cake (Umpteenth Attempt)


Wet Ingredients
1 cup milk
4 tali bananas, roughly mashed
1 tsp Bourbon vanilla extract
1 egg
2 tbsp butter, room temperature

Dry Ingredients
120g flour
1 tbsp molasses sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Directions
Grease a square baking dish (I'm using Pyrex, but non-stick should be an okay substitute) with butter or oil.
Preheat the oven to 160C.
Mix all the wet ingredients in one bowl.*
Carefully combine the dry ingredients with the wet.**
Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish.
Whack it into for 40 minutes (10 minutes on the upper rack, 30 minutes on the lower rack) or until an inserted stick comes out clean.



*If you fancy a salty cake, add an additional 1/4 teaspoon of salt. If you fancy a sweet cake, add another tablespoon of sugar.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh!!!! Looks good! I can cook...but I can't bake. Not disciplined enough to follow recipes... Will deviate and do my own way, sure disaster. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so tasty that I just finished baking another batch of it. =D

      I guess I'm the opposite, suituapui. I can bake, but I can't cook fancy dishes to save my life. Rice, noodles and steamed veges. Only that. >.<"

      Delete

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...